Re:CONSTRUCTION is led by Harry Onsman and Robin Power, each with distinct expertise relevant to the company’s business: property development, construction and general management. They have worked together since 2003.
Harry Onsman - Development and Design
Robin Power - CEO
Harry is a registered builder with a background in property development and management consulting. Over the last 20 years, Harry has successfully completed multi-unit developments in Fitzroy, Collingwood and North Melbourne and has more recently focused on inner-urban warehouse conversion projects.
Harry was a Managing Partner of Condico Consulting, a management consulting business, has published various management books and has been a regular contributor to Australian and international publications on management issues including BOSS and BRW Magazines.
Harry is Director of Development and Design for Re:CONSTRUCTION. His roles and responsibilities include:
- Project identification and selection – finding and selecting the right projects from a conceptual, town planning & construction perspective
- Design development for each project
- Involvement in project design to mimimise the construction costs
- Managing community relations in respect of the planning process
- Selection of builders
- Development of the construction contract
- Construction project management including:
- Management of contract builders
- Managing the construction for cost, quality and timeliness
- Sourcing construction materials and building a supply network that enables the business to benefit from multiple projects
Robin has a background in project management and management consulting and is a manufacturing engineer by training. He’s good at getting the best from our people and processes.
Robin has been involved in property development (and warehouse conversions specifically) since returning to Australia in 2003. As well as project managing warehouse conversion developments, Robin has been successful in securing government funding, obtaining planning permission at the Ministerial level and delivering a ground breaking school development within the Heritage Listed Abbotsford Convent site. The project was included by the RMIT University Global Cities Research Institute as part of an international study on land-use disputes in inner urban areas.
Robin Power is Chief Executive Officer of Re:CONSTRUCTION. His roles and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing day-to-day operation of the Company’s business, strategic planning, budgeting, financial management and reporting and risk management
- Formalising systems and processes and making Re:CONSTRUCTION into a process driven organisation
- Capturing intellectual property (IP)
- Project identification and selection – finding suitable sites, site due diligence and financial feasibility
- Project management including:
- Managing the site acquisition process
- Managing the development / town planning application and permit processes
- Managing the sub division and owners corporation processes
- Managing the sales and marketing
- Investor, Community and Public Relations
- Raising investor / financial institution funds, including researching investor sources, establishing strategies to approach investors and developing investor proposals
When you work with Re:CONSTRUCTION, you work with an experienced development team.